Monday, February 18, 2013

Exploring and...

Many of you might be wondering what happened to me and why I have quit writing on my blog. (And then maybe it hasn't even been a thought tat has crossed your mind.). My absence has nothing to do with not having something to say, it is due to being so busy exploring and enjoying Rome and its surroundings.

We have finished our first module on the topic of leadership and we had a long weekend after we said goodbye to three priest participants and awaited the arrival of nine new priests. Over this holiday I went to Ostia antica, an ancient Roman seaport which has been excavated. It was very interesting to see how people lived in a seaport. Sunday began with Mass at Santo Spirito in Spessia with a group of English speaking pilgrims including the students of St, Thomas University who arrived in Rome last week.. Among that group are two of our diocesan college seminarians...Michael Steffes and Justin Wiltse. It was great to see them again....we ran into each other on Ash Wednesday at Santa Sabina after Mass. After Mass we attended the Sunday Angelus and blessing by the Pope at St. Peter's. The afternoon and evening were spent with a Vincentian priest who works in Rome....Fr. John Maher. Today I walked around the city and visited church after church after church. Tonight we begin the second module on art and architecture. I am very excited about this module!

This morning I spent time with Scott and Debbie Harvey, who are from Grand Rapids...they were in Rome for work having to do with the Catholic Committee on Scouting.





1 comment:

  1. I thought you must be studying very hard since you hadn't posted. But, you are doing so many exciting things! I remember visiting church after church, too, when I went to Europe many years ago. But, alas, I was too young to appreciate them. I did love St. Peter's, though, and St. Francis of Assisi and St. Mark's in Venice. Would love to study art and architecture in Europe. I remember when I came home from Europe, the United States looked brand new in comparison!
    Enjoy your time and keeping you in prayer,
    Kathy Faberge

    ReplyDelete