Monday, April 22, 2013

Leavin' on a jet plane...

Today is my final day in Rome. Tomorrow I fly to Florida for a short time before I arrive back in Jenison to begin my ministry. It has been a fabulous experience. Walks in beautiful piazzas, visits to ancient and beautiful churches, a new pope, wonderful Italian food and wine, as well as the camaraderie of the other priests on sabbatical. However, as good as everything was, like Dorothy said when she returned from Oz, there is no place like home!









1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your return. we are waiting for the floodwaters to recede here: both Jenison exit ramps from 196 are closed due to flooding, three bridges downtown are closed due to the high water levels, Sheri and I are checking Riverside Park each day - the flood waters are getting very close to Monroe Avenue.

    ReplyDelete